INDEPENDENCE DAY -- a poem and song by BBB

INDEPENDENCE DAY -- a poem and song by BBB

#Poetry #Poem

INDEPENDENCE DAY

by Bill Kochman

https://www.billkochman.com/Poetry



07-04-2022

No doubt you think you know,
What this poem is all about,
But let's just take a minute,
So that we can talk this out.

Now Independence Day to some,
Concerns a nation's liberation,
But not so with me, my friend,
It's really about my graduation.

What in the world do you mean?
I honestly don't have a clue,
We all celebrate our freedom,
With the red, white and blue.

Yes, I know that's your custom,
And I really mean no offense,
But as for me Independence Day,
Is when I take my leave hence.

You see, I believe in Jesus,
And He made a promise to me,
That when this life is over,
I will finally be set free.

This here body is getting old,
And it's slowly falling apart,
But there's no need to worry,
I will get a brand new start.

Yes, a wonderful heavenly body,
Is promised to all who believe,
So it will be the greatest day,
When at last I take my leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW BEGINNINGS -- a poem by Bill Kochman

Salvation Graphic 15

LIONS: JACOB, ISRAEL, JUDAH, JESUS -- KJV (King James Version) Bible Verse List